Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Holly is published in a major magazine!!

In the midst of getting ready to make a major move from the SF Bay Area to the south of France, I (Holly) submitted some photos of my latest jewelry designs to Bead Style Magazine, thinking that maybe -- a long shot, really -- they would be interested enough to include a small photo in their Reader's Gallery section. Well, about a month before departure an email came saying that the design was going to be a feature article. Heart pounding, hands shaking.....Could this be real?

Several variations of the design were shipped to the magazine's headquarters where they were to be professionally photographed & where the editorial staff would write the article & instructions so readers could make the project.

It seemed like the time would never come, but the March 2012 issue hit the US newsstands on Jan. 31. It is amazing to see my creations in a major magazine!

UPDATE: Just found out on Friday that my project has been chosen to be included in a new series of books (52 Necklaces, 52 Bracelets, 52 Earrings), being published in July this year, and in a 2nd book, Easy Beading, also by Kalmbach Books. On top of that, because some of the supplies for the project were purchased from Blue Buddha Boutique, their website shows the project & my name. Here's a link: http://www.bluebuddhaboutique.com/supplies/instruction/supplylists/index.php#squares-flair  It just keeps getting better!

Here are a few photos of the design that was featured. Note: the silver/black & blue/turquoise pieces were shown in the magazine. Let me know what you think.


















I made several other color combos, but don't want to bombard readers with too many photos. Here's a scan of the table of contents for the issue -- with a large photo of one of the necklaces:



....and now for the shameless self promotion -- if you want to purchase any of my jewelry, here are links to my 2 online shops:



.....and a link to my Facebook page where you can see additional photos of my jewelry:

No comments:

Post a Comment